A quick-to-make version of the classic; add various fillings to flavor and bring a new twist. May favorite add in is julienned sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Derived from a recipe from King Arthur Flour.
Makes 1 loaf in a 9x13 pan; but you can also make two round loaves using 9" cake pans if you increase the incredients by 10%.
- 35g Olive oil
- 340g Warm water
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 418g All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Instant Yeast
- Combine ingredients in a bowl and beat at high speed for 1 minute.
- Grease 9" x 13" pan with oil
- Scoop batter into greased pan
- Prove for one hour
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Oil fingers, poke dough all over
- Sprinkle herbs on top
- Bake until golden brown, 25-30 minutes
- Let rest at least 5 minutes before turning out to completely cool