This biscotti recipe is great when combined with orange zest and cardamom (included in the ingredients below). Try drizzling the top with chocolate or changing the flavorants.
This recipe should make roughly 36 biscotti depending on how you cut them. Based off a recipe from The Healthy Toast.
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- Zest of 2 medium oranges (blood oranges work great)
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and dry powdered flavorants in a bowl.
- In mixer, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add wet flavorants (zest, extracts) to the mixer.
- Add eggs one at a time to mixer at medium-low speed.
- Slowly add dry mixture into wet, mixing until combined.
- Add any solid flavorant (nuts, etc) at this point.
- Divide dough on floured surface into three 11"x2" logs (roughly)
- Bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes; until logs are light golden brown.
- Remove biscotti from oven and allow to cool for 8 minutes.
- Cut the logs at an angle to form individual biscotti and place cut side down on baking sheet.
- Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Flip the biscotti.
- Bake for a final 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, you can drizzle or dip in chocolate or other coatings.