A fairly classic banana bread; I most often vary it by removing the nuts and adding cocoa powder to make a chocolate-banana variation.
Makes one loaf.
- 250g flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 Tbsp butter
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 200g white sugar (optional sub 40g light brown sugar)
- 1 Tbsp milk (or buttermilk, if available)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ⅓ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Whisk flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda together in a bowl.
- Cream together butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add mashed banana to butter mixture, beat to combine.
- Beat eggs into banana mixture one at a time.
- Stir in milk, vanilla extract, nutmeg, and cinnamon to banana mixture.
- Stir in walnuts, chocolate chips, and flour mixture until just incorporated.
- Preheat to 325F
- Pour batter into loaf tin
- Bake approximately 1 hour 20 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean
- Let rest 15-20 minutes, remove from pan to cool.